Contract Type: Contract / Temporary
Role Type: Employment
Hours: Part time
Salary: £22,144 to 25,953 Pro Rata
Salary Type: Salary Scale
Role description: Project Support
This role will encompass working with children and young people from a variety of backgrounds, including those at risk of entering the criminal justice system. The successful candidate will be adept at working with children and young people on an individual and group work basis and will be capable of delivering a range of issue based interventions based on the needs of children and young people using a variety of informal education methods. Developing and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders, including mentors and families, will also be crucial to the role.
This position is a 28 hours per week post based at the NE Youth Office in Blaydon. Regular travel and evening and weekend working is required.
The following is typical of the range of duties the Programmes and Youth Support Worker will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required.
- To deliver and further develop externally funded projects, programmes and open access provision through high quality work with children and young people on both an individual and group work basis.
- To support the recruitment and increased involvement of volunteers and other key stakeholders, including mentors and families.
- To support the planning, delivery and evaluation of internal functions, including the annual programme of activities, events and training.
- To support the development of new services and projects in order to improve service delivery for children and young people and members.
- Contribute to the effective and systematic recording, monitoring and evaluation of all member services using our in-house CRM system.
- To provide feedback and recommendations through reports and implementation of systems for evidence evaluation.
- Contribute to the business development activities of NE Youth identifying new funding and partnership opportunities for future sustainability.
- To support with the development and implementation of key organisational strategies and plans.
- To contribute content for the NE Youth website and other social media platforms and opportunities.
- To develop effective partnership working with key stakeholders to promote the development of the youth sector.
- To attend relevant meetings and forums.
- To commit to continuing professional development to meet changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and support other staff in their development and training.
- Any other reasonable duties as identified by the Chief Executive and appropriate to the level and grading of the post.