Contract Type: Permanent
Role Type: Employment
Hours: Full time
Salary: £25,197 to 27,801 Per Annum
Salary Type: Salary Scale
Role description: Project Support
This is an integral role which will encompass working with young people on a range of programmes and activities. Parallel to working with young people, the successful candidate will also be involved in a variety of sector and cross-sector development initiatives with a range of partners and organisations aimed at developing and improving services for young people.
This position is a 37.5 hours per week post based at the NE Youth Office in Blaydon. Regular travel and evening and weekend working is required.
The following is typical of the range of duties the Youth Work and Programmes Co-ordinator will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required.
- Delivery and development of high quality face to face work with young people using a range of engagement methods and programmes
- Encourage and support young people to take on active roles within their neighbourhoods and beyond through social action projects
- Develop and support young people to develop and implement a range of informal research and consultation methods to highlight the actual experiences and/or needs of young people
- Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of professionals and community members in order to enhance and improve services for young people, using a range of engagement methods
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key individuals in order to identify opportunities for effective collaboration and new programmes
- Use experience and initiative to identify new opportunities for NE Youth.
- Involvement in youth voice activities linked to a range of initiatives and programmes
- Manage time and co-ordinate resources effectively
- Effective data collection, monitoring and evaluation in line with organisational and funding requirements
- Co-ordination of planning, staffing, monitoring and evaluation
- Supervision of part time/sessional youth work staff and volunteers
- Ensure the safeguarding of all young people involved in NE Youth programmes
- Attend internal and external meetings and network forums as directed
- Produce written reports, updates and high quality risk assessments
- Commit to continuing professional development to meet changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities and support other staff in their development and training
- Any other reasonable duties as identified by the Chief Executive and appropriate to the level and grading of the post