Contract Type: Permanent
Role Type: Employment
Hours: Part time
Salary: £22,144 to 25,197 Pro Rata
Salary Type: Salary Scale
Location: Tyne and Wear
Role description: Administration
The Business Support Officer will be at the heart of all operations and business development activity at NE Youth. They will also take a lead for the day to day running of the organisation’s office environment.
This position is a 18.5 hours per week post based at the NE Youth Office in Blaydon.
The following is typical of the range of duties the Business Support Officer will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required.
- Collecting and inputting data
- Keeping accurate and well organised records
- Supporting organisational financial processes including those related to invoicing and petty cash
- Keeping computer systems up to date including regular system back ups
- Supporting the effective planning and running of organisational events and activities
- Maintaining social media accounts, the website and producing regular e-newsletters
- Ensuring the office environment is tidy and organised
- Preparing documents e.g. printing, copying etc.
- Answering and directing telephone calls
- Scheduling appointments and coordinating events
- Writing and issuing organisational correspondence
- Supporting general administrative tasks relating to the different services of the organisation e.g. monitoring and evaluation tasks
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies including ensuring stock levels remain sufficient
- Promoting the work of the organisation using a variety of methods
- Building professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Participating in meetings as directed and taking minutes
- Commit to continuing professional development to meet changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities and support other staff in their development and training
- Carry out duties in line with NE Youth’s Policies, Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Any other reasonable duties as identified by the Chief Executive and appropriate to the level and grading of the post