Contract Type: Casual
Role Type: Employment
Hours: Part time
Based: North Tyneside
Salary: £13 Per Hour
Salary Type: Fixed Salary
Location: Tyne and Wear
We are seeking to appoint 2-3 staff to our pool of Cover Supervisors.
Key Enterprises provide supported daytime activities from our base in North Tyneside to adults with learning disabilities, mental health needs or acquired brain injuries. Through their involvement with us individuals develop practical skills in a supportive real-work setting whilst building confidence, making friendships and experiencing achievement. Our working departments include bike sales, maintenance and recycling; gardening; woodwork and metalwork.
Service users can also take part in a range of educational, cultural and physical activities such as bike rides, guided walks, outdoor pursuits, museum visits, day trips, football, cooking, music and more. We provide a unique service that mixes adults with differing diagnoses and complexities providing experiences and opportunities that enrich lives.
Responsibilities and Purpose
We are seeking value driven individuals to provide cover for staff holiday and sickness within a day services environment. Successful candidates will support service users to undertake tasks or activities within Key Enterprises and the community working to ensure service users have the most meaningful experience possible.
Time commitment and rate of pay
The cover supervisors are employed on casual contracts so hours will vary. There are no guaranteed hours, but they will be offered as needed and will be between the hours of 8:30-4:30 Monday - Friday. Cover supervisors have the right to turn down any hours they are unable/unwilling to work.
The hourly rate for the roles is £12.84
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Planning and facilitating activities within Key Enterprises and the wider community;
• supporting service users to complete appropriate tasks safely;
• maintain an awareness of the changing needs of service users;
• operate under the general direction of the Company’s Management and Board and comply with all approved policies and procedures;
• work flexibly to cover staff absences; and
• maintain an effective working knowledge of the Company’s policies and procedures; the legislative framework within which it operates.
• An awareness of a mental illness, learning disabilities or day service services;
• able to plan and organise effectively;
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate with a range of people, using a variety of communication methods;
• a passion for working with people with additional needs and providing person-centred support;
• understand confidentiality;
• competent in the use of IT including Office products; and
• self-motivation and an ability to work independently.
• Training or qualifications relating to mental health, learning disabilities or brain injuries;
• knowledge, skills, or a keen interesting in gardening, woodwork, outdoor pursuits and music;
• hold a full, clean driving licence; and
• an awareness of safeguarding
The post holder should be prepared to undertake the appropriate training to enable them to fulfil the above duties or other duties consistent with the grade and also be prepared to work flexible hours by agreement where necessary.
To discuss this role, please contact Anthony Robinson, Chief Executive, on 0191 2701138
To apply, please send a C.V. along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com
APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES AND A DBS CHECK.