Looking for a new opportunity?
The Diocese of Newcastle is seeking to appoint a Secretary to the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee (DMPC). Might this be you? You can find out more by visiting our website by clicking on this link http://www.newcastle.anglican.org/vacancies
We are committed to flourishing churches and communities across the whole diocese. This is embodied in our wide transformational vision for growing church bringing hope and our values of being generous, engaged and open.
The Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee is a committee of clergy and lay people. It has a strategic role in developing and supporting mission and changing patterns of ministry which will help deliver this vision.
The DMPC Secretary supports all aspects of the committee’s work including active planning and problem solving, case management, understanding and providing clear advice and guidance on both technical and legal issues. It requires good judgement, administrative and presentational skills, the ability to work collaboratively and build effective and trusting relationships with a wide range of partners (including other diocesan staff and committees, parishes, deaneries, archdeacons and other clergy and national church officers).
Are you …
- an excellent administrator, experienced in supporting a committee, writing minutes and reports and progress chasing?
- able to understand complex ideas and processes, communicate them simply and accurately, and carry them out efficiently and to time?
- collaborative, friendly and approachable and able to deal with challenging situations?
- IT literate in Microsoft Office, databases and video conferencing?
- excited by change and able to see opportunities as well as solve problems?
This is a part time post for 21 hours per week. The starting salary is £18,484 pa (full time equivalent £33,007) increasing to £19,457 pa (full time equivalent £34,744) on the completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.
You will be based at Church House, St John’s Terrace, North Shields NE29 6HS and will occasionally need to travel within the Diocese.
Please complete our application form telling us why you are suited to this job and submit your application to email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon, 31st March 2022 Interview date: 26th April 2022