EDBERTS HOUSE ARE RECRUITING:
Job Title: Community Link Worker (Community Development)
Responsible to: Health Equity Lead
Hours: 37 hours per week
Full or part time applications will be considered
Monday to Friday (some weekend & evening flexibility required)
Fixed Term until 30/06/2025 with a possible extension.
Location: East Gateshead Primary Care Network / community venues / some home working
Salary: £25,500 per annum pro rata
Benefits: 25 days holiday per year, plus statutory holidays pro rata
Edberts House is a vibrant community charity based in Gateshead. We have 4 community houses, promoting connection amongst local people with a team of Community Development and Youth & Community Workers.
Over the past seven years, we have been developing our Community Linking Project which has contributed to the health and wellbeing of patients in Gateshead by linking them to a wide range of health, social care and voluntary sector services in the community. Please see our website for further information:
Our social prescribing project enables GP practices to offer a more holistic service to patients and Edberts House to provide further activities and support to individuals in need.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a specialist link worker to join our team in the East Gateshead PCN, with a particular focus on community development. A number of VCSE organisations in East Gateshead have come together to form the HOPE (Health Of the Population in the East) network, and our new worker will develop relationships with them, and other VCSE organisations in the area, helping to build their capacity, work more effectively together and host groups/activities that will promote health and wellbeing.
You will proactively build relationships with VCSE organisations in East Gateshead, developing and expanding the HOPE network. You will build relationships between the VCSE, PCN and Public sectors to enable patients to get the help and support that they need at the earliest possible opportunity.
You will develop a programme of training and short courses to build the capacity of the VCSE to become part of the health and wellbeing offer in the East. You will create a network of ‘trusted assessors’ based in each organisation, who can liaise with statutory agencies and therefore support local people more effectively.
You will support other members of the East Community Linking team, identifying gaps in provision and helping to plug those gaps by working with VCSE organisations to create activities or peer support groups to meet identified need.
You may also have a small caseload of patients with more generic issues, dependent upon demand. Previous experience as a generalist social prescribing link work would therefore be beneficial.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working with Edberts House and GP practices within East Gateshead PCN, you will:
- Engage, listen and build relationships with VCSE organisations, community groups, ‘Friends of’ groups, faith organisations and other community activists
- Develop and expand the HOPE network, organising regular meetings and ongoing conversation
- Encourage and facilitate training across the HOPE network
- Create a network of trusted assessors across the HOPE network to liaise with statutory agencies
- Working closely with the Community Link Worker (Physical Activity), evidence the need for, and support the development of activities and group that will:
- Build confidence
- Reduce isolation
- Provide advocacy
- Support/enable self-care
- Refer/signpost on to other local services
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken, providing regular reports for management.
- Pro-actively monitor and evaluate work
- Report to the Health Equity Lead on a regular basis, also maintaining strong relationships with the East PCN Operational lead.
- Maintain records in accordance with data protection guidelines and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Edberts House Chief Executive, the Health Equity Lead and the GP Practice Managers.
Deadline for Applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 29th June 2022
Please email email@example.com for an application pack