J O B V A C A N C Y
20 hours per week, 1-year Fixed Term
Contract (with the possibility of an extension)
£17,290 per annum (pro rata)
Plus, excellent holidays.
Our Lifestyle Service is an invaluable service for many older people across Sunderland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Lifestyle Worker. The role supports the individual needs of older people who want to remain independent and includes day to day tasks in the client’s own home which involve: light house work, shopping and companionship ensuring older people are able to enjoy a fulfilling and positive Lifestyle.
The service covers the City of Sunderland and the successful applicant must be able to travel to all areas of Sunderland and have a flexible approach to working hours.
Must have own car, driving licience and access to a vehicle to carry out working duties.
Hours of work – Between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
There are 3 vacancies available for this role.
This post is subject to DBS Enhanced Disclosure
Post: Lifestyle Worker
Responsible to: Service Improvement Manager
Base: Various locations across the City of Sunderland
Hours: 20 hours per week (1-year Fixed Term Contract), within the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £17,290 per annum (pro rata)
To deliver a high-quality service to older people aged 50+ requiring support and assistance to live an independent life by undertaking day to day tasks in client’s own home environment such as house work, shopping and companionship across all areas of Sunderland.
- Develop appropriate professional working relationships with clients.
- Undertake tasks such as light house work, shopping and companionship across all areas of Sunderland.
- Contribute to the client’s wellbeing.
- Provide information on other support services and activities, signposting where appropriate.
- Undertake basic record keeping.
- Manage and follow simple financial procedures including financial transactions e.g. shopping for clients.
- Report without delay, changes in client’ health, abilities or circumstances to the Line Manager/Lifestyle Administration Assistant.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work undertaken.
- Abide by AUKS Lone Working Policy at all times
- Abide by and implement all policies and procedures of AUKS, including being aware of, and responsible corporately and as an individual, for AUKS Health & Safety policy.
- Undertake all reasonable tasks, in keeping with the level of responsibility of the post, as requested by management team.
- Be aware of and understand procedures for the safeguarding vulnerable adults alerter process.
- Be GDPR compliant at all times.
- Have a flexible approach to work and be willing to undertake a variety of identified tasks across all areas of Sunderland.
- Have the ability to undertake light house work & shopping duties to a good standard.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to use own initiative.
- Understand the needs of older people.
- Be able to communicate effectively with people.
- Have an awareness of the safeguarding vulnerable adults alerter process.
- Have ability to keep basic records.
- Flexibility with regard to working times and areas across the City of Sunderland.
- Ability to work alone with the minimum of supervision.
- Must hold a current driving license with access to a vehicle to use for work purposes.
- Undertake all training requirements of the post.
Be physically able to:
- Lift/use domestic equipment to complete light housework tasks and client’s shopping bags etc. as appropriate.
To request an application pack please email enquiries or download one from our website www.ageuksunderland.org.uk
Alternatively send a large SAE for 93p to Age UK Sunderland, Bradbury Centre, Stockton Rd, Sunderland, SR2 7AQ. Tel: 0191 5141131.
CV’s are not accepted.
Closing date: Friday 1st July 2022 at 12 noon
Interview date: Thursday 7th July 2022