Monday, 6 June, 2022 - 00:00
Pioneering Care Partnership
- Working with people and other community groups to support the delivery of Healthwatch in the Sunderland area.
- Develop and maintain relationships with youth providers and local schools to support recruitment and retention of volunteers i.e. organizations that will encourage and assist volunteers to support the work of Healthwatch.
- To engage with the local community, collecting information about issues relating to the provision of health and social care for residents of the Sunderland localities with some work with young people required
- Promote positive partnership working to facilitate effective engagement of relevant organizations, communities and individuals across the Sunderland area.
- To promote the work of Healthwatch Sunderland (HWS) to the wider public.
- Deliver projects, working with volunteers utilizing their experience of health and social care in the city of Sunderland.
- Ensure HWS is representative of the community in which it operates.
- Facilitate consultation, engagement and co-production with local health and social care commissioners and providers, HW members, service users and carers and other stakeholders as appropriate at local level
- Contribute to effective Healthwatch representation in relevant local partnerships by providing and / or coordinating the collation of local information, intelligence and feedback in a timely manner.
- Gather information from service users, patients and / or consumers of health and social care service and the wider community about the health and social care services that they use.
- Contribute to the delivery of HWS through a wide range of communication channels, supporting the promotion and marketing of HWS and the Healthwatch volunteers.
- Assist other Healthwatch staff and / or board members with the collection of data to assist with the development of the HWS Work Plan.
- Provide general support to HWS team members as appropriate.
- To support and guide Healthwatch volunteers in effective engagement with the public with the support of the Healthwatch volunteer coordinator.
- Keep accurate and timely records of activities undertaken and of information gathered.
- Conduct personal, venue and activity risk assessments as required.
- Be responsible for data management of information, including inputting information onto databases and creating reports.
- Collate and present verbal and written reports when required.
- Work flexibly as part of the Healthwatch team, providing cover for colleagues as required to maintain appropriate staffing levels within Healthwatch.
- Operate within the policies and procedures of PCP.
- Carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the organisation’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Undertake training and development deemed appropriate.
- Monitor and maintain Health & Safety and security within the workplace.
- To uphold PCP’s Core Values at all times.
- To operate within the policies and procedures of PCP, including confidentiality, safeguarding, information governance and data protection.
- To assist marketing and engagement work and use creative techniques to gather views from the communities we support.
- To actively take responsibility for your own Health & Safety and ensuring procedures are adhered to.
- To collate appropriate monitoring and evaluation information to support the achievement of agreed targets and outcomes within the project or service.
- To carry out all responsibilities in line with the organisation’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
- To recruit, support, train and motivate volunteers as required.
- To undertake any training and development deemed appropriate.
- To undertake any such duties required by your Senior Manager or PCP Chief Executive.
16 hours per week