Do you want to be part of a high-quality integrated health and wellbeing service, placing people and communities at the heart of everything we do?
We are here so nobody struggles alone.
As a Trustee, and member of the Board, you will share collective responsibility for the overall strategic direction, organisational effectiveness, and financial accountability in line with the charity’s objectives as stated in the Charity’s Articles of Association.
We are looking for a Trustee to both join the Board and be the Chair of our Governance Committee. This role is vital in ensuring the Board of Trustees receives assurance that the organisation is meeting its duty of care in relation to all the areas of activity and responsibility set out in the terms of reference for the Governance Committee.
The post holder will oversee the Governance leadership of the charity, on behalf of the Board of Trustees, to ensure its short and long-term viability and assist the Chair, Trustees, and the Senior Executive Team in ensuring that the Board fulfils its duties and responsibilities to our people, service users and commissioners.
- Fulfil responsibilities and compliance as required by the current Companies Act and Charities Act. Ensuring that the Charity complies with its own governing document and delivers its charitable objectives; that it is able to demonstrate that we comply with the law, that the organisation is well run and effective.
- Act in the Charity’s best interest making balanced and well-informed decisions, considering short- and long-term objectives.
- Agree operational and governance policy for Mental Health Concern & Insight IAPT and monitor the implementation of these.
- Ensure the development of and agree a strategic plan, including a financial plan, for the achievement of the overall charitable and business objectives.
- Manage the Charity’s resources responsibly, reasonably, and honestly. Receive, scrutinise and analyse regular clinical and financial reports and progress information provided by the CEO, Executive Team, auditor or committees of the board.
- Appoint the Chief Executive ensuring that the person appointed to this role has the necessary skills and abilities to fulfil the role.
- Promote the interests of Mental Health Concern & Insight IAPT within a wider network.
- Attend all meetings of the board and committees on a regular basis and ensure that notice and apologies are given when necessary.
- Understand the governance and management processes and carry out their role both diligently and efficiently without becoming either a barrier to progress or exceeding their responsibilities.
If you would like to receive an information pack which provides all the information you need to know about the responsibilities and expectations of a trustee, please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is the 27th of May 2022.