J O B V A C A N C Y
Administration Assistant Hospital Discharge Service
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
20 hours per week, £16,216 pro rata per annum
The Age UK Sunderland Hospital Discharge service provides vital support to vulnerable older people when they are discharged from hospital.
We are looking for a motivated individual who can work on their own and as part of a team to provide administrative support. The ideal candidate will need to be flexible, have excellent communication skills and have experience of working to tight deadlines in a confidential environment. Have a comprehensive knowledge of data bases, inputting accurate information and extraction of information for analysis. Experience of excel and converting data into charts and tables is essential.
Post: Administration Assistant: Hospital Discharge (HD) Service
Responsible to: CIT Living Well Link Manager
Job Purpose: To provide administration support to the HD service
Hours: 20 Hours per week (4 hours per day/5days per week)
Contract: 12 months fixed term
The Age UK Sunderland HD service is well established within Sunderland Royal Hospital and provides care and support to vulnerable local older people when they are discharged from hospital: The Administration Assistant will undertake administrative duties related to the Hospital Discharge project.
• Provide general administration support to the HD Team
• Be a point of contact for hospital staff, older people and Age UK Sunderland colleagues.
• Be proficient in using Microsoft office packages and other identified IT systems.
• Record relevant patient documentation on identified IT systems as required
• Maintain Excel, Charity Log and other databases to input patients’ engagement
• Support the extraction of caseload information from the patient database as required, to support the analysis of information for audit and performance management purposes, including running reports and converting data into charts and tables for sharing with the team
• The post holder must at all times carry out duties and responsibilities with due regard to the organisations’ equal opportunity policies and procedures.
• The post holder must at all times respect patient confidentiality and, in particular, the confidentiality of electronically stored personal data in line with the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• The post holder will be expected to take responsibility for self development on a continuous basis, undertaking on-the-job training as required.
• The post holder must be aware of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act, and identify and report as necessary any untoward accident incident or potentially hazardous environment.
• The post holder will ensure they accurately represent Age UK Sunderland and ensure the values of Age UK Sunderland are upheld at all times in carrying out their work
• The post holder must work in general accordance with the organisation’s policies and guidelines at all times.
This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post and not as an exhaustive list of duties and tasks. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to his/her grade, which are not listed above, at the direction of his/her manager. The job description may be amended from time to time after consultation with the post holder.
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Post: Administration Assistant: Hospital Discharge Service
Responsible to: CIT Living Well Link Manager
• Good standard of education
• Extensive experience of administration
• Experience in the use of databases
• Good IT skills with the ability to use MS Office in particular Word/Excel
• Good communication skills
• Understanding of and empathy with the needs and aspirations of older people
• Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise effectively
• Knowledge of current issues around older people
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Good telephone manner
• Ability to work as part of a team
• A flexible approach to work
• Experience of working within a team environment
• Knowledge of Data Protection Act
• Willingness to undergo further training or development
• To abide by and implement all policies and procedures of Age UK Sunderland, including being aware of and responsible corporately and as an individual for Health and Safety policy.
• Experience of working in the voluntary sector
This post is subject to DBS Enhanced Disclosures
To request an application pack you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or download one directly from our website www.ageuksunderland.org.uk. Alternatively send a large SAE for 93p to Age UK Sunderland, Bradbury Centre, Stockton Rd, Sunderland. SR2 7AQ. Tel: 0191 5141131. CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Closing Date: Friday 28th January 2022 at 9.00 am
Interview Date: Thursday 3rd February 2022